Don't just sit there!

This morning, before 6, I was awake. I awoke quickly with thoughts about things that I knew The Lord had nestled in my heart.  At this time, it wasn't about the chaos around the globe or even anything earth shattering but things that He knows are important to me and people who are also very important to me.  I got up and headed into the kitchen to make my routine AM coffee to begin my day.  Waiting, I jumped on my phone and browsed the internet when something caught my attention.  This isn't the exact post but have a look...(this is actually my picture)

There is a lot of scripture referencing waiting but here are just a couple.

*  Psalm 27:14 (ESV)  Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!

*   Psalm 130:5 (NIV)  I wait for the LORD, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope.

Both verses talk about waiting.  How often do we so flippantly stand there, arms open wide with the attitude of "alright God, bless me".  I don't believe these verses are just a casual suggestion.  Think about a child at Christmas time.  They wait expectantly, waiting for the day that many look so forward to.  They know it's coming, they're excited and wait with anticipation.  Shouldn't we be the same?  If we are in Christ, shouldn't we, knowing Christ, wait expectantly  with great anticipation for Him to meet us where we need Him most, in the areas of our life where we have questions, where we have hurt?  Look at the last verse, Psalm 130:5.  Not only does it talk about waiting, it talks about putting our hope in his word.  His word is the bible.  How can we hope in It if we don't know what It says?  As we hope, doesn't it make sense to also seek His Word, to spend time in it, to study it, to seek comfort in it?  YES!  We live in a world that has become truly impatient, expecting things with little to no wait.  Unfortunately, we also expect God to respond in this way, immediately.  We want things in our time.  Somehow, these two thoughts don't mesh, demanding our wants and and waiting for the Lord.  And, let's take it a step further...waiting doesn't mean that He will answer in the way that we want or even expect.  That hurts, doesn't it?!  We don't always get our way.  If you're a parent, what would happen if you gave your child everything that they wanted?  What if you never said no?  You'd have a pretty spoiled kid, right?  God, our Holy Father is the same.  Why would He give us everything we ask for?  If He is our Father, you have to trust that He sees the bigger picture?  

So now...what is it that awakes you from sweet slumber?  What is it that your heart is waiting on?  

Are you waiting on Him? 

He does have the answer and the plan.  Just seek Him, spend time in His word, pray and WAIT!  

Comments

Popular Posts