Got Zits?

So....I seem to be on a role with my posts of lately.  First it was bathroom odors and now it's zits.  We're keeping it real, right?  None of us is perfect and we all have challenges so, I'm happy to help with the things that might be the most bothersome.  Here's another one... Call it what you choose, acne, blemishes, skin imperfections, zits.  Regardless, they're all a nuisance and no one likes them.  Let me preface this post by saying that we just made this last night so I cannot yet speak of it as a success.  I had all of the supplies so I was more than willing to give it a go.  As always, I will post later with an update with my thoughts and personal results and testimonies of others.


Here we go. This recipe called for the ingredients shown above; 
10 drops of Lavender
10 drops of Melrose
Witch Hazel - fill the remainder of the bottle
Spray Bottle

My spray bottle is like the one I used for my Potty Perfume (aka Poo-pouri) from my last post.  You can read about it HERE if you missed it.  Anyway, my little spray bottle is 2 oz in size and was $1 at Walmart in the travel/trial size section of the store.  In using this mix and spraying it on I found that it basically covers my entire face which I'm not so sure I enjoyed.  If you have a lot of acne this may be easier than dabbing it on every single spot.  I think that spotting it on with a q-tip might be best for a pop up blemish here or there but if you do choose to spray your entire face it won't cause any harm.  As usual, I only use Young Living Essential Oils for healing, for things that touch my face or for ingesting and even diffusing.  I've also discussed this in another post if you want to see why this is so important. (you can click Here to read about it)  

Lavender is one of the most valuable oils for acne. It inhibits the bacteria that cause the skin infection and helps rebalance the over-secretion of sebum, which the bacteria thrive on. It can also reduce scarring.
And then there’s Melrose blend. One of the great things about Melrose is the tea tree, or melaleuca oil. This blend can cleanse and heal scrapes, cuts, wounds and insect bites. The blend of oils are antiseptic and all support the body’s ability to attack bacteria and fungus. On top of the tea tree oil, Melrose also has Melaleuca quinquenervia, rosemary, and clove essential oils.
There are a lot of solutions for acne when it comes to Essential Oils; you can try Tea Tree (which is in the Melrose), Geranium, Melrose or Thieves.  These oils can be dapped on individually.  Essential oils dissolve sebum, kill bacteria and preserve the acid mantle of the skin.  Like any other treatment method, you may not see immediate results.  Give any new method a good 2 week trial before you've determined that it doesn't work and then move on to your next item to find what works best for you.  
If you're interested in giving the products a try I'm happy to add to my personal order or you're welcome to got to Young Living's site. (click on the words just before, "Young Living")  On that page you'll decide if you'd like to sign up as a "Retail Customer" or as a "Wholesale Member".  One of the great perks as a Wholesale Member is reduced shipping on all orders and a 24% discount off of Retail pricing.  Member ID 1628216
As always, please post your thoughts, comments or personal testimonial. They're a help and a blessing to the many people who read this blog. 


Comments

Popular Posts