Unplanned but not Unwanted

27 years ago I was young - unmarried and pregnant. I was afraid to tell my mom. I was worried about what people would think. I was an absolute mess!

Everyone around me had an opinion on what I should do, with my life and with the life I was carrying.  

One friend was certain that I should get an abortion, others thought I should give my baby up.  

Was I ready to be a Mom? No. I was terrified. I was in a bad relationship and questioned my ability to offer this baby everything he needed but I never questioned the love I had for him.  In spite of fear and insecurity, I loved this baby before I'd ever heard his heart beat inside of me.

27 years later, he’s one of my greatest blessings! Because of him, I’m a better person - I grew up - I thought of someone other than myself - I knew it’d be hard but I knew It was my path and I chose it...  I chose to put him first, to make a life for him, and me. 

I chose him! 



Not once have I ever regret my choice! Not once have I wished things would have turned out differently.  Not one single day or moment of his life have I regret my choice. 



At the time he was conceived I was a young girl looking for hope. I didn’t know Jesus but as I look back over that period of my life, I could see His hand of protection over us. I could see how He worked in my life and continually called me until I responded. God is so, so good! 

I’m praying for ladies or girls who are faced with the same decisions I had.
Our country needs prayer and people who will love without condemnation - people who can offer hope and really love people where they’re at - people who can help with positive solutions and grace. I needed this 27 years ago and because I was loved, I made the best decision ever, to give life rather than take it! 

For me, life - his life is one my greatest blessings! 



Comments

Popular Posts