Grateful or Blessed?



For me, this is a thought I'm faced with often. I could say "I'm blessed" but it's a phrase I've been so convicted over. To live in a country where I'm safe & free from persecution, to have a husband I adore, a home & plenty to eat, healthy kids, great friends, freedom to worship * sing & pray, health & so much more is incredible BUT blessings aren't in things. If I use the term "blessed", does it mean I have more blessings or favor from The Lord than the persecuted Christian in a third world country sharing the gospel in secret knowing that it could ultimately lead to their death or the Christian living in a grass hut with a dirt floor and no plumbing, or the Christian dying of an incurable disease or the woman whose husband left her alone to raise children who has no means of providing and has to send them to bed hungry or those living in their car praying that they'll get a job, or the family who has lost a loved one and anguishes in despair and pain? No, it doesn't! I believe a better thought might be that I'm Grateful! Grateful for the life The Lord allows me to live and the sweet life I have the privilege of living and with the people he's surrounded me with. Grateful that I know the love of The Father who has a plan for my life, regardless of my amazing days, struggles, hardships or even pain. Regardless of where you are in life, be grateful. As HIS children, He has an incredible plan for us.

Exodus 15:2 The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him...

Comments

Popular Posts