I bet you know someone with this struggle too!

The reality is, most people do NOT have perfect skin.  I certainly don't.  I do everything in my power to fight the problems.  I've spent literally thousands of dollars on skincare looking for just the right cream.  Sort of the same way some people are looking for that magic weight loss pill (I can help with that too!).  We are all searching to change something or fix something about ourselves.  One of my girls has truly struggled with her skin.  She washes her face religiously morning & evening.  She wouldn't mash a zit if I told her too.  She's just that good but the fact remains, she struggles with acne.  We are however having luck with our Young Living Essential Oils.  

Purification is awesome for spot treating acne. (amongst many other things) This is one of the oils included in the Premium Starter Kit.


We've also made a spray for treating acne.  I wrote about it in another post.  The title of that blog post was nothing subtle; "Got Zits"? If you missed it you can click on the "Got Zits" above and it will take you right to that post.  There's also a recipe there for the spray I just mentioned   I've used it and I like it.  My acne or breakouts are hormonal and seldom.  It's just not quite what my daughter needs.

My most recent mix for her is a face wash.  I was very conscious of the products I used here.  She really likes a liquid to wash her face.  I love raw honey & a citrus oil but it wasn't to her liking so I did some searching.  I needed to make sure that the products I chose would have a low comedogenic rating.  I don't want to insult anyone by explaining the term "comedogenic" but oils are rated from highest to lowest in regards to what might be least likely to most likely to clog your pores or prompt a breakout.  Now, moving on...knowing that my daughter likes a liquid wash I knew it would be oil based.  An oil with a "0" rating would be considered excellent in terms of not clogging pores, 5 being the highest or worst.  The oils with a "0" rating are Hemp Seed Oil, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Safflower, Shea Butter & Sunflower.  I didn't happen to have any of those.  I did choose Castor Oil which would be considered a "1" and Grape Seed Oil which rates at a "2".  I only mixed up a small bottle for her to try.  If we need to reformulate I'll dash out to purchase something else.  

Let me share the recipe with you now.  


Like I said, my bottle was small, 2.7 oz.
Grape Seed Oil 60%
Castor Oil 40%
5 Drops of each:
Orange
Lavender (included in the premium starter kit)
Purification (included in the premium starter kit)

Please know, I only & ALWAYS use Young Living Essential Oils on my face!!!  There's nothing better.  Let me just throw something in quick.  Last week I made some Homemade Poo-Pouri.  I went to GNC & bought a cheap oil, just for smell.  As I mentioned in that blog post, I cannot fathom flushing these oils down the toilet.  Anyway, I got just a drop of the cheap oil on my table & it ate the finish right off!  Not good!  Moving on...

My daughters reviews are great, she loves this cleanser.  It cleans the crud & removes makeup.  My instructions to her and to you are to gently massage it onto "dry" skin.  Don't get your face wet first. Let it sit several minutes or even up to 15 minutes.  This WILL draw impurities out of your skin.  To her and me, the thoughts of more acne is pretty cruddy!  We're hoping it's a means to an end.  I'm looking forward to using this as well.  Once I do, I'll also post my thoughts.

Please, give it a try & let me know what you think! 

NOW....interested in getting Young Living Essential Oils for yourself?!

So...How do you get started?

  • Click here to get started!
  • Select Wholesale Member (the only way to receive your 24% Discount)
  • My Member ID Number is 1628216 (but it should already be filled in)
  • Fill in all of your information
  • Please write down and save your pin, username & password because you will need them in the future.
  • Choose the "Premium Start Living Kit". (Step 2) This is the one with the everyday oils kit, the diffuser and the start living kit.  The cost is $150.
  • Scroll down through the "Essential Rewards Kits" (Step 3) and click "no thank you".
  • Add any additional oils, products or capsules that you would like in addition to your kit if you'd like.  If you add enough to reach 190 PV you will earn the free monthly promotion. 
  • Check out!  Whoo Hoo, you're now officially a Young Living Member!  Now, just anxiously wait on the big brown truck to deliver your goodies!

Comments

beefreetobeyou said…
What did you think of this face wash? And where do you get castor oil?
Caroline, I have not used it personally. I made it for my daughter who has oily, acne prone skin. She likes it and we've been pleased with the results. She still struggles with acne but I believe we're keeping it to a minimum now. I got my castor oil at my local health food store.

Popular Posts