Burns....nope!

If your winter was like ours in North Georgia you're no doubt excited for the entrance of summer.  Ok ok, I know some of you with drastic winters think I'm wining over nothing but for us, in this part of the country, it was an absolute roller coaster.  Yes we got snow, not a lot but it was truly beautiful!  We enjoyed sledding, snowballs and the mounds of extra laundry that came with all of those cold wet clothes & frequent changes!  Enough of that...I want to think about days at the beach or working on flower beds in my yard.  One thing you don't want is a sunburn!  I've got a wonderful recipe for sunblock that is 
toxin free.  


This was super easy!  My bottle is 6 oz.  I chose to use Organic Grape Seed Oil because it doesn't stain clothes and has a very low comedogenic rating.  This Sunblock should give you about an 
SPF 40.

Here's what you'll need:
Bottle/Spray or squeeze (dark colored)
Grape Seed Oil
Young Living Essential Oils Carrot Seed Oil
Young Living Essential Oils Lavender
Young Living Essential Oils Frankincense

I just poured the GS Oil into the bottle leaving a bit of room for my additional YL Oils.  I added 7-8 drops of Carrot Seed Oil & Frankincense.  I added about 28 drops of Lavender

*To use: Liberally apply sunscreen over exposed areas
*Remember to reapply every couple of hours throughout the day, especially when participating in water activities.

****Let me add to my original post.  I've just returned from a couple weeks at the beach and tried this formulation.  It was a recipe that I saw multiple places.  In my efforts to continue to keep your respect as well as your following it's only fair that I say this formulation may need some additional tweaking.  In other words, don't use it.  We got fried!  I do know that I've seen some have great luck with the Carrot Seed Essential Oil and I'm determined to do so as well.  Upon perfecting this item, I'll again update this post.  Thank you so much for reading & please continue to do so!  My intentions are to always share truth with you; good or bad! 

Please, give it a try & let me know what you think! 

NOW....interested in getting Young Living Essential Oils for yourself?!

So...How do you get started?

  • Click here to get started!
  • Select Wholesale Member (the only way to receive your 24% Discount)
  • My Member ID Number is 1628216 (but it should already be filled in)
  • Fill in all of your information
  • Please write down and save your pin, username & password because you will need them in the future.
  • Choose the "Premium Start Living Kit". (Step 2) This is the one with the everyday oils kit, the diffuser and the start living kit.  The cost is $150.
  • Scroll down through the "Essential Rewards Kits" (Step 3) and click "no thank you".
  • Add any additional oils, products or capsules that you would like in addition to your kit if you'd like.  If you add enough to reach 190 PV you will earn the free monthly promotion. 
  • Check out!  Whoo Hoo, you're now officially a Young Living Member!  Now, just anxiously wait on the big brown truck to deliver your goodies!


Comments

Jennifer Sestak said…
Thanks so much for posting your update! I've seen conflicting reviews on whether or not carrot seed oil is truly effective.
I don't think I distrust the Carrot Seed Oil as much as I'm uncertain of the carrier oil I'd used. I do believe there's value in the SCO. I just have yet to try again. I'll keep you posted! Thanks for reading! :)

Popular Posts