You Want Me To Do What?

You know how Facebook shares your memories each morning from years past?  It seems so fitting, even now that I felt the need to share.  

Obedience is our expression of love to God.  
1john 2:3-6. It is only when we obey God's laws that we can be quite sure that we really know Him. The man who claims to know God but does not obey His laws is not only a liar, he lives in self-delusion. In practice, the more a man learns to obey Gods's laws, the more truly & fully does he express his love for Him. Obedience IS the test of whether we really live "in God" or not. The life of a man who professes to be living in God must bear the stamp of Christ.



This can be one of the most difficult things. We want to limit our obedience to certain situations or claim that its not even necessary at times due to the situation at hand. If there's one thing that is being continually reiterated to me, I am not God! In thinking of Paul on his journey through life and faith; he was hard pressed, bewildered, persecuted, and struck down. The mercy of his heavenly Father did not choose to to remove the dilemmas that he was faced with (some of His greatest mercies are His refusals), but instead chose to make Himself known to Paul because of them (his dilemmas). In this act of love Paul's faith was strengthened and he was used as an instrument of peace to us all. We may feel persecuted or defeated but as His children, we're never left to stand alone - HE promises us his unfailing presence in all the days of our lives. Knowing all of this, how could we not love Him more, how could we not obey? I know this sounds like foolishness to someone who doesn't believe. In spite of some of the greatest challenges I've ever faced in my life, I know that He is calling me to follow, to trust, believe and to obey. When I keep my eyes on Him, it's easier, not the situation itself but He does offer me peace to endure and in the end, I know I'll be better because of Him!


Comments

Popular Posts