Could an order of Waffle House Hash Browns actually be describing your life?

This morning, as I'm scrambling around my house; doing laundry, cleaning toilets, making beds and knowing that I need to STOP and get into my favorite chair for some sweet time with The Lord, I find that I just can't.  I'm always going, always doing, always scurrying about...   In an attempt to still my body and my mind, my thoughts continually go to the list of things I must do, categorically listing them in order of most to least important or the places I must go today.  Any teacher would label me as that child; the one that can't be still, the one that doesn't complete a project on time or the one that they must continually remind to stay on task.  This task, the task of getting me back on track is often taken on by my husband who displays the sweetest patience with me as I'm constantly scurrying about.  At times, I'm attempting to complete a project for him and he does prompt me with a gentle "stay on task honey".  I'm grateful for those moments and for this man.  

On this chilly morning, I found that as I was scrambling about and running circles all the while describing myself in my own mind, it seemed as though I was describing an order of Waffle House Hash Browns! You know them....surely most of us have had an order of Waffle House Hash Browns in our life; scattered, smothered, covered, chunked, topped & diced. 



As wonderful as these may sound, it's certainly not suited for a description of ones self, especially someone who knows the power of Christ and knows His ability to calm the craziness in my life!  As I'm scurrying about this morning, the words that immediately came to my mind were; scattered, flustered, cluttered, scrambled & jumbled.  This thought was the one that finally stopped me.  I know, more than anything that this is not what The Lord intends for me!  His words are so clear,

Matthew 11:28-30New Living Translation (NLT)

28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”
  
Can you relate to this?  How often does The Lord look at me, scrambling about, trying to get it all done in my way and in my own time?  I know that in the midst of my chaotic life that might seem to describe an order of hash browns, the call is always there; Come!  In the midst of my hash brown world, there's calm.  There is always peace.  There is always a place of comfort but only when I seek it.

For the moment, I'm calming my thoughts, my body and my life.  The Lord calls and I must obey, I want to obey!  

I'm so grateful that in the midst of a Waffle House Hash Brown morning, He's faithful and oh so patient!  Perhaps you can relate.  He's waiting on you too!  You don't need to continue in chaos.  Peace, love and rest await!  Call Him, I promise He's waiting for you too!

Comments

Popular Posts