Wonders of New

As I look around and see the signs of Spring, new beginnings, new life, I give thanks.  Thanks for seeing the brown being overtaken by little shoots of green, buds of flowers that will soon erupt into beautiful colors, new growth & signs of life.  Even my Bradford Pear; although the blooms are beautiful, they stink!  I won't tell you what the kids say about the smell...Sometimes with the beauty, we do have some ripples.  It is humbling to think that beauty and ashes do go hand in hand. 
Psalm 71:8 My mouth is filled with your praise, and with your glory all day. 
Spring starts out discreet, and a bit mysterious.  This Hosta came peeking out of the ground with tiny, bright purple shoots.  Soon, the beautiful variegated leaves will burst forth showing signs of beauty and abundant life.  

It does prompt me to think...How does this example that the Lord is giving me prompt me to think about my life?  Will it allow me to embrace new beginnings, new life, change?  Can I offer priase for where I've come from and be in anticipation of where He's taking me?  Can I trust that although my surroundings may look grim, bleak and dead, He has a plan to bring vibrant color, change and newness of life?   

Psalm 40:3  He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God.  Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the LORD.



Comments

Popular Posts