Let's Put a Stone Here -

It's been a long time.

I've been here, some, but I haven't really BEEN here! Does that make sense?

It's like living but not really being present.  This has been my life for the last year, living but not really experiencing life - not taking it all in - partially feeling - being kind of disconnected.  This has been me!  Death sometimes changes people.  I suppose this might require some explanation but I don't want this to be my focus today.  I have something on my heart that I really want to share.  In the past year I lost 2 of the most important men in my life; my Step Dad and 11 weeks later, my Dad.  It was a series of events that has rattled me to the core and altered me, on the inside.  There have been days lately that I've felt like myself or actually recognized myself but to be honest, many days I've struggled.  I've lacked motivation.  I've isolated myself from friends that love me and even family.  I've build a wall and planted myself firmly behind it in an attempt to hide from the world because living exposed was too painful.  Death affects us all differently.  I'm still learning to navigate my new norm but today is a good day!

Let's talk about this day that's deserving of a stone.  The means to make a mark on today, to remind me of just how good my God is.  I'll tell you, this story isn't mine personally but it's a story worth sharing.  I believe it's a story that you need to hear, I did!  I needed to hear something good.  I needed to be reminded that God is still in control.  I needed to feel something today, and I do! 


Because this story isn't mine and because it's still an ongoing situation, I've covered their faces but understand, these are real people and they have an incredible, real story! 

I won't get into the entire back story but know that this is a family!  Three babies birthed from a mommy's womb, 3 babies that our sweet Jesus birthed a love for in the hearts of this family - all different but they share the same love.  A situation divided this family.  Three tiny babies were gone from this family and left their family with a huge gaping whole in their hearts.  Well over a year has passed but the love still remains, stronger than ever.  Nothing can change or undo a love that God gives you.  Circumstances may change but love remains.  Heartache enters but love remains.

This family chose to follow their hearts and the leading of our mighty God.  They were told that their chances were slim.  There would be no guarantee that this family would be reunited.  No hope was offered.  Reconciliation would be completely dependent on the restoring grace of The Heavenly Father.  

Today, Love has won - grace has been extended - hope has been restored and a family will be reunited.  

Why do I tell you all of this?  

Sometimes life is hard.  Sometimes you feel like your request is too big, you think there's no hope - you wonder if God even hears you.  Sometimes it's just hard to even believe because we can't see past our circumstances.  Have you ever been there?  I have!  I've been living this for well over a year.  I've felt distant and unheard.  I've felt alone.  If you're being honest with yourself, you'll admit that you've experienced these days or seasons also.

A church family has lifted this family in prayer.  A community has offered prayer.  A family has pleaded to be heard.  I've lifted prayers on their behalf.  I've pleaded for The Lord to do something that could only be done by Him.  I wanted to see Him do something that only He could get the credit for.  Remember, I told you that the outlook of this case was potentially grim but on this day, we, as a body of believers experienced a win.  A victory.  A hug that many of us needed from our Heavenly Father letting us know that He's still in control.  

Today we place a stone on this day as a means of remembering THIS.  There are so many biblical examples of stones being placed as reminders, placeholders in history, places that God has showed out and showed up.  This is one of those times.  This victory isn't mine but it feels like it could be.  This answer is a sweet reminder that I needed.  I needed to get past numb and feel again, I so wanted to feel real emotion.  Their victory is my victory and it's yours too!  This victory is a reminder that many of us needed.  We needed to be reminded that we are small but He's still mighty.  We needed to realize that things might be out of our control but nothing is out of His grasp.  

Sweet friend, what are you fighting for?  What has you bogged down and feeling hopeless?  My God is still in the business of miracles.  Let me say, we don't always get the miracle we plead for.  I still lost 2 Dads.  I was still left with pain although I knew that He had a plan in all of this.  I still experienced hurt but I'm learning to overcome with His help.  You.can.too.

I'm leaving a stone, here, today!  Are you still carrying your stone?  Sometimes carrying it is so heavy.  Don't be like me, let Him carry it for you! Maybe you can put a stone on today too!  Maybe today can also be your victory! 



Comments

Popular Posts