Almost Better

To me, one of the most annoying things is a Summer Cold!  You know, sniffling, sneezing, stuffy nose, the feeling of all over blah!  My life, like most peoples is crazy busy.  As a Mom, I just don't have time to not be well.  My husband got in from church later than us Wednesday evening.  As I was in the bed it hit me...I just couldn't breathe out of my nose at all.   He was running for some YL Peppermint Oil for some indigestion.  I asked for it as well for my nose.  The next  morning, I was a little less stuffy but still not better.  As the day progressed, I was clearly getting worse and and needed to address my health concerns.  I started a steady regimen that has proven to be just the thing.


I know there are some other oils that would also have been great but this is what I had on hand.  I started by rubbing R.C. and Peppermint on my chest and neck which really helped me breathe.  You could also rub this on the back to assist in opening up your lungs and aid in breathing. I did this as often as needed. 

Peppermint - we use it for MANY different things in our home.  I think you will glean most from reading this informative article from Young Living. 

R.C. gives relief from colds, bronchitis, sore throats, sinusitis, coughs, and respiratory congestion.  It decongests sinus passages, combats lung infections, and relieves allergy symptoms.  
R.C. is what's known as a blend.  It contains a blend of; Eucalyptus Globulus, Eucalyptus Radiata, Eucaluptus Citriodora, Myrtle, Pine, Spruce, Marjoram, Lavender, Cypress & Peppermint.  
(info. from the Essential Oils Pocket Reference 5th Edition from Life Science Publications)

R.C. is a great support for respiratory health  in addition to being very comforting.  Amen to that!

I also applied Oregano & Thieves on my spine & the bottoms of my feet, 3 x's a day.  

3 times a day, after meals I took a vegetable capsule with 3 drops of each, Oregano & Thieves.  

Oregano is known as a purifying oil and a must have for your medicine cabinet! 
Oregano essential oil is filled with components that make it a powerful anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, anti-parasitic and immune stimulating oil. Oregano essential oil is one of the most powerful, potent essential oils. It is also one of the most researched, and has been found to be effective against many different types of bacteria.

*Oregano oil is classified as being one of the strongest microbial oils against broad spectrum microorganisms.
*Oregano inhibits the growth of these common pathogenic germs that we deal with every day:
  • Proteus (intestinal infection)
  • Neisseria flava (sinus and ear infection)
  • Staphylococcus (food poisoning, stash infections)
  • Candida albicans (yeast fungus that can live throughout the body)
  • Pneumococcus (lung infection, including pneumonia) and
  • Streptococcus (strep throat, bacterial pneumonia, and meningitis to name a few).
I also turned on my diffuser with Thieves as I went to bed.  

THIEVES: Modern Day Plague Protection
During the Black Plague of the 15th century, a group of robbers protected themselves from contracting the very contagious plague by rubbing themselves with spices, herbs, and oils.
Thieves is a blend of highly antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal essential oils made up of clove, lemon, cinnamon, eucalyptus radiata, and rosemary. Testing at Weber State University documented that Thieves had a kill rate of 99.96% on airborne bacteria.  
This IS some good stuff and it smells wonderful!
Remember, these oils are Therapeutic Grade. 
I also took Life 5 (which is a great pro-biotic) at bedtime.  In addition to restoring core intestinal health, it is incredible at improving immunity! 
Also during a cold or any sickness, drink LOTS of water!  I love adding my YL Lemon Oil to my water.  If you choose to do so, never use your citrus oils in any type of plastic!  Lemon draws out impurities and will pull the toxins from your plastic bottle or cup.  You should always drink your Lemon water from glass.  
Lemon is also one of my favorites and is great for tons of stuff! 
Here's a few additional uses for Lemon:
  • Use 1–2 drops of lemon essential oil to remove gum, oil, grease spots, glue or adhesive, and crayon from most surfaces.
  • Combine 2–3 drops of lemon essential oil with water in a spray bottle to help cleanse and sanitize surfaces.
  • Place a drop of lemon essential oil on oily skin or blemishes to help balance oil glands and minimize oil production.
  • Soothe corns, calluses, or bunions by rubbing lemon essential oil on the affected area morning and evening.
  • Massage lemon essential oil into cellulite to help improve circulation and eliminate waste from cells.
  • Add lemon essential oil to your morning tea or breakfast shake for a refreshing pick-me-up.
  • Inhale lemon essential oil or place a few drops on a cotton ball to replenish your mind, body, and spirit.
  • Add 10–15 drops of lemon essential oil to a gallon of carpet cleaning solution to help pull out stains, brighten carpet and rugs, and leave a fresh smell in the room.
  • Add several drops of lemon essential oil to a chicken marinade for a delicious dinner.
So...as sickness comes your way, and it will.  How will you be prepared?  For me, I choose to fight my battles naturally and without harmful drugs with dangerous side effects.  As always, please feel free to comment or contact me with questions!

So...How do you get started?

  • Click here to get started!
  • Select Wholesale Member (the only way to receive your 24% Discount)
  • My Member ID Number is 1628216 (but it should already be filled in)
  • Fill in all of your information
  • Please write down and save your pin, username & password because you will need them in the future.
  • Choose the "Premium Start Living Kit". (Step 2) This is the one with the everyday oils kit, the diffuser and the start living kit.  The cost is $150.
  • Scroll down through the "Essential Rewards Kits" (Step 3) and click "no thank you".
  • Add any additional oils, products or capsules that you would like in addition to your kit if you'd like.  If you add enough to reach 190 PV you will earn the free monthly promotion. 
  • Check out!  Whoo Hoo, you're now officially a Young Living Member!  Now, just anxiously wait on the big brown truck to deliver your goodies!
Your membership will stay active as long as  you spend at least $50 in a calender year. You DO not have to continue to “renew” your membership…that kit was a one time deal and you will remain a member as long as you spend your $50 each year. Trust me…this will never be a problem.  The uses you will discover for your oils will absolutely amaze you!

As you're waiting on your goodies, jump online and begin learning and studying!  Look into each of the needs of your family and be ready to jump on it! 

Comments

Popular Posts