It's not about me

Well....I started this once, got almost done, typed a lot & lost every bit!  My initial thoughts are still there but for this moment in time I believe that I need to go in a completely different direction. 

Yesterday was incredible; not just because the girls woke up promptly and got ready without delay.  Sometimes Tuesdays seem to be crazy, getting the girls out the door, driving carpool & making it to Joe's Place on time with a heart that's ready & willing to serve.  Yesterday, everything just seemed to fall into place.  Maybe it was starting the day off right, preparing and praying to be used for His glory. If only this were my attitude each and every day.  Joe's Place was crazy yesterday, tons of people, tons of new guests and lots of people running about trying to make sure it all got done; all the while trying to keep our focus on the real reason we were there...bringing glory to The One that deserves all honor & praise.  It almost seemed to be presented to me in a joking fashion but I was asked to do our first devotion.  To me, in my life, this takes great preparation.  I promptly said "I can do it".  I think my quick response was a surprise to my asker & myself.  No planning, no thoughts, no preparation.  I ran downstairs to have a one on one with God.  He had to speak through me because my words would surely be just that, words.  I prayed to be used, to be His mouthpiece, just to be a vessel that might bring Him honor.  In my flesh I couldn't possibly imagine speaking to a packed room of men  & women comfortably.  I could have never planned to have seen God show up the way He did, to see tears running down faces and brokenness overwhelming some.  At that time as God allowed a damaged vessel to share his Word and a word only He could speak, lives were changed.  It had absolutely nothing to do with me but I had the opportunity to see 7 people surrender to the only One who could give them hope.  Why is it that on that morning I could plead to be used, be so willing and really be used?!?!  Shouldn't that be our hearts every single day?  Shouldn't we always be ready, willing to be used for His glory, even when it's uncomfortable, when it takes us out of our comfort zone?  In my flesh I struggled with what I'd experienced.  How could such a holy God use me; someone so imperfect, someone whose made so many mistakes in life, someone who fails Him in one way or another on a daily basis?  Maybe in all of those thoughts I'm making it all about me & my failures & my imperfections.  In focusing on me I lose sight of Him.  I know that in Him, I am a new creation!  If I can get out of the way long enough and stop thinking about me & how I can't then surely He can, He Will!  In the sincerity of my thoughts and prayers He did!  He allowed me to be a part of something that had absolutely nothing to do with me, I was just the arrow He used to point people to Himself.  Heaven rejoiced in those sweet broken hearts.  As The Lord worked in them He did in me too!  He continues to remind me of the hope I'll find only in Him.  He continues to bless me with wonderful little blessings throughout my day.  What might we accomplish for The Kingdom if we get out of the way and stop making it about us?  Once again, on this overcast Wednesday I have to ask again, "Dear Lord, how can you use me for Your glory today?"

Comments

Popular Posts